Friday, January 8, 2010

My Favorite Piece

For my one week anniversary of having a blog, I am just now getting around to posting some of my calligraphy. It’s always something, isn’t it? This is a piece that I made awhile back, and it’s probably my very most favorite piece that I’ve ever lettered, so it gets the honor of being first.

I painted the background, lettered in Uncial using Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bleedproof White, and then “whapped” it with various colors of nail polish. J

Don’t get me started on DM’s BP White, because I think they changed the formula and I’m not happy at all about it. I used to mix it and Pro White for an unbelievable hybrid white that was simply *magic*, and now it doesn’t work.

To more magic in 2010…

XOXO,
Lucky Dog

4 comments:

  1. Nice, Donna! I Like the painted background, and the spiral is nicely placed too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Donna! Nice Uncials. Nail polish? Hmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You're swirl is so graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Donna, you "whap" so good...not to mention your beautiful uncials...oh, and the swirl! Inspiring, as always!

    ReplyDelete