Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the Real World…


Our Christmas vacation was wonderful. 

We had a Christmas Eve blizzard and watched cardinals in the snow. We got to have 18 straight days together and Mr. Man did things on my Honey-Do List. I have loved it. I could totally get used to being spoiled like this forever, but now it’s time to get back to the real world.

Yup, it’s back to the routine of Monday through Friday and back to working on my own To Do List. It was fabulous while it lasted, but here it is: Monday.

My To Do List is always long and crazy. It always has been, and over the years I have come to accept the fact that it always will be. But ya know, it isn’t just that it’s long, it’s that it’s the same crazy things over and over.

It’s like a lot of our bills. Mr. Man can’t stand the fact that so many of our bills are things that you never finish paying for. Like cable or cell phones or insurance. It’s not like a set of towels that you pay for and that’s it. No, you keep paying for these things month after month after month. It seriously never ever ends.

Well, a lot of my To Do List is like that, too. I don’t ever do my final load of laundry, cook my last meal, or finish practicing my calligraphy.

I guess that’s why I love Creating Things so much (AKA being an artist). You have an idea that inspires you, or some fragment of metallic pink thread begs to become part of a collage, so you get in the studio and pursue that vision to wherever it ends up taking you.

And in the end, you make something out of practically nothing, just some jams and jellies and little pots of color, and you have *created*. You have brought into being something that did not exist before. There is the joy of creation and the joy of completion. And that is a very, very, very good feeling.  :)

(So is getting all the laundry done for the week! Yay!!!!!)

XOXO,
Lucky Dog


No comments:

Post a Comment