Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Little Bit of Happy

I saw this card the other day at Wal-Mart, and loved it immediately. Deep teal (I know it looks blue, but work with me here, it's really teal), glittery plum, and a gorgeous blue butterfly -- what’s not to like?

It turns out the card is from Taylor Swift’s line. I didn’t even know she did cards.

I didn’t buy it to send to anyone; I bought it for myself. As Karen Walker would say in the TV show, Will & Grace, “Here, honey, buy yourself a little happy.” So I did.

It’s a wee bit of soul-nourishment. I think that’s important for artists especially, but really, for all of us to remember to do. It doesn’t have to cost much. Just a little something to brighten up your life here and there. A new ballpoint pen, a colorful spiral. I like cards because they last longer than flowers and are a small piece of art, but a $4 bunch of beautiful flowers in the dead of Winter is money very well-spent in my book.

I hope you can find something special for your corner of the world. Sometimes it’s just fun looking and seeing how little it really takes. You could even make a game of it and limit yourself to spending 99¢ or less. That sounds like a fun Artist’s Date to me! J

Happy hunting!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment