Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Recipe--Restaurant-Style Salsa



I had been seeing this recipe on Pinterest for awhile,
and finally decided to try it out.

(BTW, I back-traced it to Pioneer Woman’s website.)

Oh my!  It’s so easy and so good.  
And it makes Mr. Man so happy!  J J


Here’s the way I do it:

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
1/3 bunch cilantro or so
1 T. minced garlic-in-a-jar
1 t. cumin
1 t. sugar
the juice of ½ fresh lime
S&P to taste

Place in food processor.  
Pulse about 10-12 times, or until desired consistency.

That’s IT!!


Oh, and be sure to grab some Scoops while you’re at the store, 
‘cause you’re gonna want some!  J

But if you’re going light, you can eat this salsa with celery sticks.  
It’s that good! 


Oh, I gave Mr. Man a taste of that, 
and I wish you could’ve seen his face!!  LOL

I forgot that he doesn’t like celery unless it’s hidden in a dish.  
Oops!  J

Anyway, starting with canned tomatoes is just the ticket!  
Easy and yummy! 
Perfect for tomorrow’s BBQ!

Happy 4th!!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog

p.s.  I forgot to add:  if you like yours with some heat,
add some chopped jalepe
ños or serrano peppers to taste.
(Or you could use only Rotel tomatoes.)



4 comments:

  1. You always make things so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I really do hope you try it!
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete