Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Recipe--Restaurant-Style Salsa



I had been seeing this recipe on Pinterest for awhile,
and finally decided to try it out.

(BTW, I back-traced it to Pioneer Woman’s website.)

Oh my!  It’s so easy and so good.  
And it makes Mr. Man so happy!  J J


Here’s the way I do it:

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
1/3 bunch cilantro or so
1 T. minced garlic-in-a-jar
1 t. cumin
1 t. sugar
the juice of ½ fresh lime
S&P to taste

Place in food processor.  
Pulse about 10-12 times, or until desired consistency.

That’s IT!!


Oh, and be sure to grab some Scoops while you’re at the store, 
‘cause you’re gonna want some!

But if you’re going light, you can eat this salsa with celery sticks.  
It’s that good! 


Oh, I gave Mr. Man a taste of that, 
and I wish you could’ve seen his face!!  LOL

I forgot that he doesn’t like celery unless it’s hidden in a dish.  
Oops!

Anyway, starting with canned tomatoes is just the ticket!  
Easy and yummy! 
Perfect for tomorrow’s BBQ!

Happy 4th!!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog

p.s.  I forgot to add:  if you like yours with some heat,
add some chopped jalepe
ños or serrano peppers to taste.
(Or you could use only Rotel tomatoes.)



No comments:

Post a Comment