Thursday, March 20, 2014

Recipe--Avocado Corn Salsa



We have a really nice local restaurant that serves a delicious sandwich called the Santa Fe.  It reads as good as it tastes:  a tortilla-crusted chicken breast served with Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle-mayo and roasted corn-avocado salsa on focaccia.

Yummy!

But it’s the salsa that I love so much.  So I set about to copy it.  I don’t know how close I got, but it is now a favorite at our house.

Here’s my recipe:


Avocado Corn Salsa

1 bag frozen sweet corn, cooked and cooled 
       (it can cool while you chop)
       (or canned corn, but frozen is better to me)

2-3 ripe avocados, chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
½ red or sweet onion, finely chopped
a handful or two of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
the juice of 1 fresh lime, squeezed over the mixture
       (really, use a fresh lime--your taste buds will thank you)

Mix together.
Serve with Scoops tortilla chips.   

Enjoy!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog


No comments:

Post a Comment