Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bits and Bobs




I have been playing a lot with my Sharpies, and have enjoyed making some more colorful strips that will become accordion books someday.

Gosh, I love color.  And I really love making these rainbow, fun books.

I also lettered on some scraps of paper that I had, leftover from when I mess up on a piece. 

Fairly often I don’t like how something turned out, and instead of throwing the whole thing away, I harvest as much of the paper as possible.

Depending on the size, I letter just a word or a phrase on them, to be given away later.



Here are lots of little scraps that I lettered with my favorite Moonlight gel pens. ♥



And I got some new Sharpies last weekend, the Couleurs CafĂ© collection.  New to me, anyway.  With its deep, rich shades like Earl Grey, Mocha and Hibiscus Tea, I made this rather “manly” piece.  hahaha  I used the richer values on good ol’ kraft paper.  No glitter.  No ribbons.  No nail polish.  Just the facts, ma’am. 

And it was Mr. Man-approved.  (!)

So!  That’s what I did this week.

Oh, and I finished painting the upstairs bathroom yesterday!  Yay!  Slowly, but surely, I am getting the whole house done.

You know what that means….?
More fun in the art studio!!!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog 


No comments:

Post a Comment