Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


Today I am thankful for my husband being my very own art patron.  ♥  He is so supportive and so generous.  Plus, his stargazing ways have inspired yet another painting.

“Moon over Venus”, though, apparently isn’t possible, sky-wise.
I painted the crescent moon going the wrong way for that…  It should’ve been painted like a backwards C.  Aarrgghh!!!!

Mr. Man said it was covered by “artistic license”, but I think another painting is in order.  Too bad, eh?  Haha  I guess I’ll just have to paint another one!  :)

This is about the most realistic that I paint (being a true Lover of Abstracts), and it’s the view that we had each night in Missouri, at the condo on Table Rock Lake.  Venus really was setting then, behind just such a hill, but I added in the moon myself.  Moons are so romantic, aren’t they?  I find them to be utterly irresistible.

To crescent moons and the starry sky...
 
And to my sweet husband who buys me pastels and glitter
and gel pens and black paper and and and…. !

XOXO,
Lucky Dog 


No comments:

Post a Comment