Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fragile Heart


So, I have been busily working on knitting my latest lace project!
♥ ♥ ♥


I’ve also been fighting an upper respiratory bug, and I got so very tired of coughing.  There for awhile, I hurt in muscles that I didn’t even know I had!  <whew!>

But I’m so thankful that I am a knitter because, even though I was sick, I just love that I can still knit and get something done! 

(Because some other stuff is just gonna have to wait!)


Anyway, the pattern is called Fragile Heart by Boo Knits, and is a lovely crescent-shaped shawl.  (All of her patterns are terribly romantic-looking and gorgeous.)

I haven’t ever knitted a crescent-shaped shawl before.  And this is my first Boo Knits pattern to try, and I am already in love with her designs!


It is also a beaded shawl.  Yummy!  Now I’ve knitted with beads before (using the tiny crochet hook as-you-go method), but never in this amount.  So, that’s kinda cool.  The beads will not only sparkle, but they will also add a bit of weight to the shawl. 
I like that.

When I read the pattern instructions before beginning, it clearly showed that at certain places you place the bead before you make the stitch, and at other times it showed you putting it on after you make the stitch.  Well, that seemed kinda confusing to me, but when I got to that place in the pattern, it totally made sense and wasn’t an issue at all.  Thank heavens!


I joined a group on Ravelry that is working on this very shawl, so it’s been fun to read some of the over 5000 comments (on this pattern alone!!) and get some tips from fellow knitters.

They talk a lot about the Picot Bind Off at the end, and it’s not all good, so I don’t know if that will freak me out or what.  I saw a photo of someone’s shawl that didn’t use it, and it looked very pretty, so I guess I have options. 

I am working with a beautiful yarn that is 100% baby merino wool and it is so soft.  It’s very enjoyable to knit with, and even though it’s labeled as lace yarn, it’s not terribly fine.  In fact, for someone like me who is used to Rowan Kidsilk Haze (practically fuzzy thread!), this yarn seems almost like sock yarn.  So, it has been a very fun yarn to knit with for a change.


BUT.
I am already wondering what an all-lace version of this pattern would look like if it were knitted with Rowan Kidsilk Haze…! 

Should that be next??  :) 

XOXO,
Lucky Dog





No comments:

Post a Comment