Monday, December 2, 2013

A Critical Revelation :)



Sometimes, despite my best efforts,
I seem to have the gift of criticizing.
LOL

I guess a lifetime of critiquing musical performances
and scrutinizing calligraphic letterforms didn’t help any. 

Fault-finding was truly an important part of the job.

And I don’t mean to be a critical person. 
I try not to be.
I sure don’t mean anything by it. 

Like that ugly car that we saw yesterday. 

Yikes!
What color was that???

Some people might call it judging,
but I think I just have really good taste!
hahaha

And I have no problem if it’s your favorite car color. 
Really, I don’t.

Variety is the spice of life and we’re all the “same, but different”,
and it’s okay if we like different things. 
No worries.


But after 50-plus years, I have finally had an insight.

A revelation.


And it’s very, very practical.

I realized that if I do end up saying something negative
about something -- anything,

it is very good for me
to immediately follow it by saying something positive.

(as opposed to saying something else negative!)

It breaks the cycle somehow.

I talked this over with Mr. Man,
and we both think this is a very healthy new habit for us.

So now if we’re talking,
and one of us says something critical or negative,
even it is true..

we try to follow it with something positive,
no matter how hard it is to come up with it.

Like that ugly car?
Well, I can say that it looked very, very clean.
J

Try it.
I think you’ll find this to be very powerful, too.

XOXO,
Lucky Dog



No comments:

Post a Comment