Friday, March 9, 2012

Oops


So… I forgot to post last Friday.  
Did you notice??  J  J

I was crazy-busy running down to Dallas to meet up with family. 
Gosh, why did I think that I could post something that morning,
before I packed up the laptop? 

Obviously, it was silly of me to think I could pull that off,
‘cause it fell right outa my head.

I’ve noticed that things fall out of my head
much more now that I’m in my 50’s. 

Used to, if I didn’t get something done,
it was because I procrastinated about it. 

Now, it’s because I truly forgot all about it. 
Oh well.  I guess that’s why they invented Post-it’s!  J

You know, packing is just a neccessary evil to me, anyway. 
I really really hate it. 

Once we’re on the road, I do pretty okay,
but I just hate the packing part. 
That’s probably because we take half the house
with us when we travel.  LOL 

I mean, we take almost the same amount of junk
whether we go off for 1 night or for 7!  Aaarrrggghhh!! 

Maybe that’s why I don’t enjoy traveling like I should. 
Sigh.  If I could just “blink” myself there... 

Now that’s how you ought to be able to travel!  J 
Then you could blink yourself home at bedtime
and not even have to pack at all!  hahaha


ANYwhoozlebees…

 It’s practically Spring already here in Oklahoma.  
We had such a mild winter and now the daffodils are blooming
 and the Bradford Pear trees are white with blossoms.

And we have a lot of Bradford Pear trees here. 
They musta gone crazy, planting them 20 years ago,
 ‘cause our area is just full of them.

And they are just beautiful when they bloom,
but the blooms don’t last long. 
Maybe only a week, and then they start greening up. 
So you have to enjoy them right now.

Hey, it sounds like it’s time to take the dog
out for a little scenic drive, don’tcha think??  J !!

Wednesday was sunny and 74°,
and yesterday was 39° and rainy with a biting wind.
 That’s Oklahoma for you! 

We had a front move through and bring us
some badly needed rain, so that’s a blessing. 
But it’ll be warm again here in a few days, which is good. 
I need to work on my flowerbeds.

I deadheaded last week and now I need to get up some leaves. 
I tell you, it’s always something!

 At least you get a break with Winter:  a break from bugs
and a break from outdoor chores.

But now on the indoor front….  
I started a new knitting class last night:  socks!!! 

Gosh, we’re having such fun!
And I bought some real pretty yarn for them. 

It’s a faux Noro-type yarn from Hobby-Lobby,
made by Lion Brand and is called Amazing. 


And I also bought some new yarn while we were in Plano,
and I got a free pattern for a Potato Chip Scarf.
 You only use the knit stitch along with “short rows”,
and it self-ruffles.

I’m using Rowan Kidsilk Haze, and I think it’s coming along. 
What do you think?


Okay, okay….  I’d better scoot.
Happy early Spring, everybody!!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog











No comments:

Post a Comment