Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Painting and More Painting




I got some outdoor painting done the other day, and it’s a good thing I did it then, because we are in the middle of a heat wave right now.  It feels like August.  Temps around 95 or more every day! 

In fact, the car themometer said 97 when I was out this afternoon.  Yikes!  So that iced coffee that I got from McDonald’s was practically a necessity!  Hahaha!

You see, the hardware on the garage doors had faded somewhat since we moved here.  (Why do things like that always seem to happen on our watch??) 

Anyway
, they were black and most of it had faded to a dull gray.  Thank goodness, the guys at Sherwin-Williams knew just what I needed.  (‘cause I sure didn’t!)

So here is the before:

And here is the after:


Thankfully, this was a short project.  Because then I had to go back to my ongoing and forever project of painting woodwork in the house.  But before I could do that, I decided to paint the guest room.  

It’s always something, right? :)

And I had to do its woodwork anyway, so why not paint the wall while I have the bed moved and out of the way, right?  And then I might as well paint the other walls at the same time, right?

So, I‘ve been working hard on that, too, and now I only lack the doors.  Yay!!  But, aarrgghh!  I hate painting 6-panel doors!  Oh wait.  I think the last one that I painted went easier.  Instead of starting at the top and painting to the bottom, I think I painted the panels first, and then the rails.  Yes, it’s coming back to me.  Separating those two out like that really helps, because you don’t have to keep your whole expanse of paint across the door wet and open.  That’s much much easier.

Whew!  I’m glad I remembered that.  Maybe it won’t be so bad now.  (!)

Okay, stay cool, everyone!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog 




No comments:

Post a Comment