Thursday, June 16, 2011

Recipe--Broccoli Salad


Tonight I made one of our favorite side dishes, adjusted for Mr. Man and his sugar issues, using Splenda instead of regular sugar.  J

This broccoli salad recipe seems to be in everyone’s repertoire here in Oklahoma, but I don’t think I remember having it in Texas…  (?)

Here’s what you start off with:


broccoli, cut up into florets
red onion, sliced  (¼?)
2-3 pieces of bacon, cooked and cooled
some raisins
a handful of sunflower seeds

I just guessed at those amounts.  Feel free to add more of your favorites.

And for the binder:  1 c. light mayo, ½ c. Splenda, 1 T. white vinegar

I found this to make a lot of dressing.  You may want to start off with half, depending on how much broccoli you have.  Or buy 2 bunches of broccoli.  J

And here is the finished dish:



The neat thing about this dish is, it has everything:  the crunchy, the creamy, the kick from the red onion, the sweet from the raisins, the sour from the vinegar, the salt from the bacon… 

Yummy!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog  ♥

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I will be adding those ingredients to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete