Monday, November 15, 2010

Psalm 8 Collage



Today I had fun trying out an idea:  lots of horizontal lines of white writing, accented with a visual.  And my favorite choice for that is generally collage.  ♥

The paper I used is a light blue commercial stock with silver flecks all over it, and the white pen is made by Pilot.  And the collage elements are from my collection of bits and bobs, odds and ends, jams and jellies.  :)

First I handprinted Psalm 8, verses 3-5, over and over for a textural background and then started having fun.   (!)

I don’t know why, but I just naturally love collage!  I love putting together colorful bits and creating texture and usually making something a bit 3-dimensional.  And I always appreciate the fact that you can “audition” elements (try them in place) before commiting yourself with the glue.

Somehow I just love that you take these separate elements that you pick up and hold, and then put them together to create something new.  I have no idea why that appeals to me so much.

I even love that it’s a tidy, dry method.  ♥  Especially with today’s scrapbooking glues like glue dots and tape runner thingies.  I played with some new toys the other day, some spray bottles of iridescent paint, and got it ALL over my hands.  And it didn’t wash off, and my hands were soooo stained..  Yuk, what a mess.  I felt like Monk, trying to get it off!  LOL  (TMI!!!)

Like painting doesn’t feel messy enough to me.  I don’t know why, but I haven’t ever enjoyed painting.  Heaven knows I’ve tried.  (And I will continue to try, for the record.  Go with your strengths, but continue to stretch yourself, right?)

But I love love love gluing and making collages.  Isn’t it funny how we naturally prefer some things and not others??  I mean, we each pop out differently, don’t we.  Vive la différence!  I guess it contributes to making your own art, with your own unique voice.

We really are all little snowflakes
.  :)

To more experiments and enjoying the process...

XOXO,
Lucky Dog 


No comments:

Post a Comment