Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Collage Card #38

This is one of my many collaged cards. Really. I have dozens and dozens. They’re sort of like potato chips with me, as in, you can’t stop with just one. (!)

I started making collaged cards I think when I felt like throwing my calligraphy pen across the room one day. Ha-ha! Actually, it was so long ago, I can’t exactly really remember why, except that I love Texture and I had all these beautiful papers that I wanted to make stuff with.

Little collages, just the right size for a greeting card, seemed like a low-risk experiment, and then once I got started, it just seemed to mushroom.

Now, they are a fun bite-sized piece of art that I enjoy making whenever. I can give them away, and feel like I am giving away some of my art without inflicting a frame purchase upon my recipient.  :)

Besides, there are so many gorgeous papers and color combinations, who could ever get tired of playing and creating more?

I have never taken a class in the art of Collage,
but I sure do enjoy making them!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment