Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Bloody Flux!

You know how last week I mentioned my grandmother, and her brother dying of consumption from eating too close to the watermelon rind??

Well, Mr. Man’s memory is better than mine, because he reminded me that it wasn’t consumption that he died of. Noooooooo. It was “the bloody flux”!

The bloody flux?!?!?

Good grief, I have no idea what that is! I have never heard anyone else EVER say those words together in my life except for my grandmother! Hahaha!!  But it is kinda fun to say out loud over and over again. The bloody flux. The bloody flux.  Hahaha!

Okay, just for you, my viewing audience, I googled “the bloody flux”, and ya know what? It actually exists. We would know it as Dysentery. Did you know that? I didn’t. Although I seriously doubt they got it from eating too close to the watermelon rind, but then again, I’m obviously no bloody flux expert!

And consumption? I believe we would know that as tuberculosis.

Here ends your lesson on diseases for the day.

(Thank goodness and let’s go use some Purell!)

XOXO,
Lucky Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment