Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mr. Man Approved



Here is a recipe for cookies for people with blood sugar issues.  They’re really yummy, and Mr. Man is so happy to have cookies again!

Magical Peanut Butter Cookies
by Paula Deen

2 c. peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
2 2/3 c. Splenda
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a large baking sheet.  (I use SilPat liners instead.)

1.  In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients well.
2.  Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts
     and dip in Splenda.
3.  Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and
     press a crisscross design on each cookie with a fork.
4.  Bake for 12 min.  Cool on cooling racks.

This made about 3 dozen cookies.

Now I found that my peanut butter jar held just under 2 c.  So in the future, instead of measuring it, I think I will just empty it and use a bit less Splenda.  I’m lazy that way.

I imagine this is a high protein treat, too!  Double-yay!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog 




No comments:

Post a Comment