Monday, April 8, 2013

Fun



So I’m reading this book on emotional energy...
(free from the library, of course)
J

After talking about needing something to look forward to
(whether it’s a big vacation or just a new recipe to try),
the author also mentioned the importance of fun.

And the way she put it was so cool,
that I wanted to share it with you:

“Fun isn’t something you do.  
Fun is the way you do something.”

And I was reminded of Uncle Si on the TV show, Duck Dynasty.

For those of you who haven’t seen the show,
Uncle Si is 64 years old and is always upbeat, lighthearted and doing crazy things. 

It makes him seem tons younger than his 66 year old brother, Daddy Phil, who is Mr. Serious.


In fact, A&E wasn’t sure that the show would work
without lots of cussing, conflict and the usual reality show craziness/formula. 

But they took another look at Uncle Si and decided to go for it.
J
Fun is definitely the way Uncle Si approaches everything!

And it’s nice to “see” an example of a fun-loving older person,
isn’t it?

 I think that’s what I want to be like when I grow up!

♥♥♥

XOXO,
Lucky Dog
 J


No comments:

Post a Comment