Monday, December 5, 2016

Rice Recipe and Sausage Rolls Recipe


[Here are two of our favorite recipes, 
just in time for the holidays!]

How is it that I have never put this rice recipe on this blog?  That's crazy!

It is so easy and so delicious! 

Well, of course it is -- it starts with a whole stick of butter!

Here are the ingredients:



And here it is, finished. 



Sometimes I make this for both Thanksgiving and Christmas!

And here is the recipe:

RICE CASSEROLE

2 cans of Campbell's chicken broth
2 cans of Campbell's beef broth
2 cups uncooked white rice, not instant
1 stick butter, melted

4 green onions, chopped
4 oz. canned mushrooms, drained 

(I don't ever put the onions or the mushrooms in.)

Melt butter in lasagna or similar dish in MW.
Put rest of ingredients into the dish.

Bake at 400° for 1 hour.


And even though I don't have any photos for you, here is another recipe that I can't believe I've never shared here.  Mr. Man always asks me to make this for breakfast functions at his workplace, and he tells me that it is always the first to go.  (!)

SAUSAGE ROLLS

[This makes two separate logs.]

1 lb. sausage  (Owens, Jimmy Dean…)
(1) 8 oz. box of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
2 crescent roll packages

1 egg white

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Brown sausage; drain on paper towels.
Mix sausage and softened cream cheese in a bowl.

Unroll one crescent roll pkg. & form into a rectangle, smooshing seams together.  (I did it on waxed paper.)

Put half the sausage mixture down the middle of the rectangle lengthwise.

Fold up sides and place in a 9X13 pan or on a cookie sheet. 
(This is easier to do holding the waxed paper, instead of the crescent roll itself)

Do the same with the second pkg./half.  
(Place them side by side)

Brush the egg white over the tops.

Bake 350° for 20 minutes.

I have these two recipes (and so many others) in my collection only because of kindhearted and generous cooks who shared their recipes with me.  I am so grateful that they did, and now I'm passing them along to you and yours.

Enjoy!

XOXO,
Lucky Dog



No comments:

Post a Comment